Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pregnant

Well. I seem to have neglected my blog. So let's recap JUST a bit...

Right after our first anniversary, Trace had a prompting that it may be time to start our family. I have wanted children since day one so there was no need to convince me. But, after about a week of praying and seeking an answer from the Lord, we decided the timing was right. It was a very special moment for me watching Trace sit quietly, and then just look up at me and say "it's right."

Well, Fertile Myrtle over here was pregnant right away and to be honest, we weren't that surprised. We were so excited! After we decided the timing was right, and being the hypochondriac that I am, I was convinced I knew I was pregnant and googled every possible symptom every single day. I took probably 10 pregnancy tests, all negative and was getting a little sad. I had one pregnancy test left and Trace hid it from me until it was actually the right time to take a test, I had been taking them way too early. I was so convinced that I secretly went to Walgreens and bought another one. I saved it until the next day when Trace left for work. Then there it was, that little blue plus sign I was yearning for. I called Trace and made him turn around and  he came home so I could tell him we were having a baby! All day I'd try to text him about it and he'd say "shh!" -- ha! via text! like someone could read it at any moment. I think we were both just in a little bit of shock, but so excited still.

I had no idea the ride I was about to go on. For the next 9 months my digestive system pretty much shut down. EVERYTHING I ate made me sick. I threw up anywhere from 4x a day to once a week for my entire pregnancy. I was luckily able to sleep pretty well my whole pregnancy, but I figured I deserved it because of what I was going through as far as eating went.

At each Dr's appointment my Dr. would say "everything's perfect!". I kept saying I was going to sue him if something went wrong and he should use a word besides perfect... :)

The weeks slowly went by and soon enough I was 40 weeks! I hadn't been progressing, I was at 1 cm and 70% effaced and Dr. Smith told me to plan on being induced at 41 weeks.



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment