Tuesday, December 4, 2012

That time we got engaged.

Alright, let's do this! 

So... we need to go back a while. Let's go back to our trip to Colorado. I saw a text on Trace's phone that said "it's okay, she's napping"... and at that moment, I was determined to figure out what was going on. So I plotted. Trace went downstairs to shower and I snuck down to find his phone, he had been sending pictures of RINGS to his mother! She said, "how are you sending these so close to her?" Hence his message that I saw... 

That was on Friday... We left on Sunday. And at the airport... he called me out. I played stupid for a good 15 minutes but I knew I was so busted. He kept saying WHAT DID YOU SEE?! It was so funny. We were just dying laughing in the middle of the airport. I finally confessed just as we were boarding and we flew home more in love than ever. Just giggling and getting so excited that this was real! 

As time passed I was getting so antsy! I kept saying what are you waiting for?! He knew I was making a big deal about having a photographer and a videographer at the wedding and it drove him crazy because he thinks it's unnecessary (He's learned his lesson there), but anyway he kept saying "I'm waiting for my photographer and videographer!" I knew he was mocking me, that punk. 

So next thing we know It's the weekend of October 22 I told my dear boyfriend that I had a hair appointment on Monday and he said "uhh... could you reschedule it?" busted again! So I knew it would be Monday. He told me to stay at work and he would come get me. Which was weird... but I said okay. I waited in my car, and next thing I knew, up runs a photographer, and a videographer. I had been tricked. Trace's sweet cousins were going to be with me the whole time and he REALLY WAS waiting for them to be available!! 

So we got started! 
My first clue talked about where we met. Where we first saw each other and where we got to know each other and when we decided we were drastic opposites, but we were still drawn to each other somehow. 

Then I read my next clue!
This one sent me home. Where Trace learned about my family. He loves my family and I love that about him. He genuinely cares about them and about our relationships. 

Next!
I was supposed to be sent to Tyler Evenson's because it was the first place we every hung out but there was a miscommunication and a misunderstanding so I ended up skipping that clue... haha I headed to his best friend Jake's house where he used to complain because we were "just friends". I also would complain to Jake about the same thing! :) From there I headed to Trace's. In the window sill where we climb out to get to the roof, where our first kiss was, was my last clue!
It talked about how nervous we were up there on the roof. "I was so young and naive and didn't really know what this would turn into. BUt our Heavenly Father knows the end from the beginning. He has forseen all these events and knew eventually where we would end up. Our relationship was together was his will, part of a bigger plan. I love you Katelin. Go to the temple where we were in the sealing room together."

We skipped school together in high school to go to the Draper Temple open house, so of course I knew that's where he was waiting for me! 

He didn't mess around when I got there. He just said, "don't judge me, Aubin (his cute cousin) said I have to get down on one knee" so I said, "yeah, you do" then plain and simple "Katelin, will you marry me?" I definitely went with a yeah instead of a yes. but that's okay. :) 




We've never been happier. 

2 comments:

  1. yes. love everything about this! so happy for you!:) High school sweethearts is where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why were you ruining surprises!!!! No sneaking allowed!

    ReplyDelete